Centre for Liver Transplant & Gastro Sciences
The Centre for Liver Transplant & Gastro Sciences at Saroj Super Speciality Hospital is a state-of-the-art facility equipped with cutting-edge technology for the management of Liver, Pancreato-Biliary & Gastro-Intestinal diseases. It is an advanced facility to provide Liver & Multi-organ Transplant surgery and complex surgeries for the treatment of digestive tract, biliary tract, pancreas, and liver diseases.
Under the leadership of Dr. Ravinder Pal Singh, the Centre for Liver Transplant & Gastro Sciences has an expert team of highly qualified medical professionals including Liver & Multi-visceral transplant surgeons of national and international repute, Gastroenterologists, Surgeons, Anaesthetists, Intensivists, Technicians, Counsellors and Trained nurses having rich experience in the management of most complex cases of Hepatobiliary, Pancreatic, and Gastrointestinal diseases. The centre is fully backed by all the modern facilities to perform all kinds of Liver transplants, HPB & Gastro-intestinal surgeries, HPB & GI Onco-surgeries, Minimal Access Surgeries (MAS) and Bariatric Surgery. With us, you will find best gastro treatments in India.
One of the most experienced Liver Transplant, HPB & GI surgeons in India, Dr Ravinder Pal Singh is widely known for having an exceptional donor and recipient surgery safety records. He has been performing swap liver transplant, combined liver and kidney transplant, posterior sectoral liver transplant, and liver transplant in situs inversus donor or recipient. He has a dedicated team of 45 doctors including Anaesthetists, Intesivists and Hepatologists to provide best gastro treatments and liver transplant services in India.
Our Technology & Infrastructure
- The most sophisticated & state-of-the-art Instrumentation - CUSA, Cell Saver with platelets scavenging, TEG, APC, Lidco Rapid, Level – 1 fluid infuser, Video Gastro-Endoscope System-Olympus 180 series NBI (UGI Scope, Colonoscope, and ERCP Scope) backed with latest software for image capturing and archiving.
- Dedicated Multi-organ Transplant ICU with each bed having separate hepafilters and AHU’s to minimize the risk of infection & cross-infection.
- Most modern modular and integrated Twin OTs dedicated to Transplant surgeries
- 24X7 Transfusion Medicine and Laboratory Medicine facilities
Liver Transplant & HPB Surgery
1. Liver Transplant
Liver Transplant program offered at Saroj Super Speciality Hospital is the first government licensed multi-organ transplant program in north-west delhi. The program strictly adheres to Transplantation of Human Organs Act and Rules 1994 and its subsequent amendments. The Liver Transplant program being offered here is amongst the best in India.Why choose Saroj Super Speciality Hospital for Liver Transplantation?
- State of the art centre with cutting edge technology
- Offering both cadaveric & living-donor liver transplant for both adult & paediatric patients.
- Equipped with computerized technology equipments for minimizing human errors
- Precise and safe practices involved for carrying out liver transplant surgery
- Very short waiting period for people requiring Liver Transplant
- Separate AC units for each ICU bed for ensuring complete infection control
- Living-Donor Liver Transplantation (LDLT)/Living-Related Liver Transplantation (LRLT)
- For acute and chronic liver failure (cirrhosis) in adults and children
- Dual-lobe liver transplantation
- Swap-liver transplantation (ABO- incompatible liver transplant program)
- Domino liver transplantation
- Combined liver-kidney transplantation
- Transplantation for liver cancer
- Deceased-Donor liver transplantation (DDLT).
- For acute and chronic liver failure (cirrhosis) in adults and children
- Split-liver transplantation
- Reduced Size liver transplantation
- Pediatric Liver Transplant Our Specialised Programs & Clinics.
- Pre- transplant Clinic
- Post- transplant Clinic
- Patient education & Counselling
- Liver/ Biliary / GI Cancer Surgery Clinic
- Paediatric Liver disease & Transplant Clinic
- Anaesthesia and Pain Clinic
Note: Ultimate selection of the donor and recipient for liver transplant is by the Transplant team which is guided by the Rules & Regulations of Government of India. The Organ Transplant Authorization Committee at Saroj Super Speciality Hospital has been established by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and strictly adheres to Transplantation of Human Organs Act and Rules 1994 and its subsequent amendments. The committee closely examines all donors and recipients and approves liver donation only on the basis of the guidelines of the act.
2. HPB Surgery
HPB surgery or Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary surgery involves the surgery to treat both benign and malignant diseases of Liver, Pancreas and Biliary system (gall bladder & bile duct).
- Hepatic Surgery.
- Major Hepatectomy for liver cancer
- Complex and Major Liver resections for hilar cholangiocarcinoma, hepatocellular carcinoma, and liver metastases
- Caudate lobe resections
- Parenchyma preserving liver resections (posterior sectorectomy, bisegmentectomy, atypical resections)
- Staged procedures (including interventional radiology and liver resection) for management of colorectal liver metastases
- Associating Liver Partition and Portal vein Ligation for Staged hepatectomy (ALPSS) procedure (Staged Liver Resection Procedures)
- Liver resection for neuroendocrine liver metastases
- Biliary Surgery
- Surgery for Gall Bladder cancer including Radical Cholecystectomy, Major liver resections and Extended Right Hepatectomy, vascular reconstructions
- Bile duct resection
- Biliary Atresia surgery
- Choledochal Cyst Surgery/ Choledocal Cyst Excision
- Pancreatic Surgery
- Whipple Resection
- Pylorus preserving pancreatico-duodenectomy
- Surgery for Chronic Pancreatitis
- Surgery for Acute Pancreatitis (Pancreatic Necrostomy & Pseudocyst drainage procedures)
- Pancreatic resection – (Central/Distal/Spleen preserving Pancratectomy)
- Pancreatic resection with vascular reconstruction
1. Digestive & HPB Sciences
The division of Gastro Sciences at Saroj Super Speciality Hospital is dedicated to offer both diagnostic & therapeutic services for the management of a wide range of diseases of digestive tract & hepato-biliary system. Equipped with the latest technology & equipments, the division of Gastro Sciences provides all major endoscopy & intervention radiology-assisted procedures.
(a) Diagnostic Services
- Upper GI Endoscopy Lower GI Endoscopy or Colonoscopy
- Full length colonoscopy
- Diagnostic ERCP
- Liver Biopsy
(b) Therapeutic Services
- Upper GI Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Variceal ligation
- Endoscopic sclerotherapy
- Glue injection of gastric varices
- Esophageal & Intestinal stricture Dilatation
- Achalasia dilatation
- Argon plasma coagulation of mucosal lesions
- Polypectomy for UGI polyps.
- Endoscopic submucosal dissection for superficial GI lesions.
- Foreign body removal from UGI tract.
- Endoscopic placement of feeding tubes.
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG) placement for feeding.
- Therapeutic Colonoscopy
- Endoscopic sclerotherapy for bleeding colonic ileal lesions
- Colonoscopic placement of self expanding metal stents for malignant colonic strictures
- Therapeutic ERCP
2. GI Surgery, GI Oncology, Advanced Minimal Access & Bariatric Surgery
The division is equipped with cutting edge technology & latest facilities to carry out all the major GI, HPB and Bariatric surgery procedures. Owing to the expertise of our surgeons and excellent treatment facilities, Saroj Super Speciality Hospital has made a significant mark in being one of the major healthcare providers offering high end HPB and Gastric procedures.
(a) Upper GI Procedures
- Two-field esophagectomies
- Three-field esophagectomies
- Transhiatal esophagectomies
- Ivor lewis esophagectomies
- Mc-keon esophagectomies
- Left thoracoabdominal esophagectomies
- Laproscopic assisted esophagectomies
- Complex esophageal reconstructions including plastic surgery and grafts
- Vagus preserving esophagectomies
- Surgery for Benign and malignant (Cancerous and Non-Cancerous) diseases of Esophagus
- Surgery for Tracheo-Esophageal Fistula
- Surgery for Zenkers Diverticulum
- Surgery for GERD
- Surgery for Hiatal Hernia
- Partial Gastrectomies
- Distal Gastrectomies
- Laproscopic Gastrectomies
- Laproscopic Assisted Gastrectomies
- Total Gastrectomies
- Gastric Pouch Reconstructions
- Surgery for Benign and malignant (Cancerous and Non-Cancerous) diseases of Stomach
(b) Luminal Procedures
- Surgery for Ulcerative colitis – Total Proctocolectomy with Ileal pouch anal Anastomosis
- Surgery for Ulcerative colitis with Cancer
- Surgery for Colorectal cancer with and without liver metastasis
- Open Surgeries with major organ resections
- Laproscopic Assisted Surgeries
- Total Laproscopic Surgeries
- Small bowel resections
- Pelvic Exenteration procedures
- Anterior Pelvic Exenteration Procedures
- Posterior Pelvic Exenteration Procedures
- Total Pelvic Exenteration Procedures
- Surgeries for paediatric & adult congenital GI Conditions
(c) Bariatric Surgery
- Laparoscopic Gastric Banding
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass
- Duodenal switch
- Comprehensive Bariatric patient management program
(d) Abdominal Vascular and Microvascular Surgery
- Shunt Surgeries for Upper GI Bleeding
- Devascularisation Procedures
- Aorto-Superior mesenteric bypass grafting for mesenteric vascular diseases
- Mesentric vascular surgeries
- Surgeries for Portal Hypertension
International Patient Services
At Saroj Super Speciality Hospital, we offer world-class patient care services to the foreign patients coming to India for Liver Transplant, HPB & GI surgery. We offer customised healthcare services to foreign patients ranging from patient assistance, coordination with the hospital staff for physician consultation, surgery and further follow ups to VISA assistance, travel planning, airport pick & drop, currency exchange facilitation, accommodation and multi-cuisine along with language interpreters to serve them as per their socio-cultural needs and aspirations.