Centre for Spine & Neuro Sciences
The Centre for Spine & Neuro Sciences is a state of the art centre, manned by a dedicated team of medical professionals and equipped with latest technology to provide multi-disciplinary care for the management of disorders of brain and spine. Backed by a team of highly experienced neurologists, intervention neuro-radiologists, neurosurgeons, paramedical staff and other disciplines, the centre is among the most distinguished centres dedicated for providing complete neurological care.
With cutting edge technology and expertise of doctors, the Centre boasts to provide treatment for even the most complex neurological diseases. The hospital has modular operation theatres, equipped with the most advanced spinal and cranial endoscopes, motorized microscopes and high-end surgical equipments for performing complicated neurosurgeries.
The centre also has a team of super specialized neuro-anaesthetists who provide anaesthesia to neurosurgery patients and a team of Neuro Critical Care specialists, dedicated for the Neuro ICU patients. Owing to the cutting edge technology and dedicated medical professionals at our hospital, we have been consistently providing great surgical neuro treatments, for even the most complicated neurological cases we have treated so far.
The Centre for Spine & Neuro Sciences offers a thorough assessment and therapeutic program for a number of conditions such as Brain injury, Stroke, Epilepsy and Spinal disorders. The Centre also provides minimally invasive neurosurgeries including Minimally invasive spine surgery (MISS) for the treatment of conditions such as Prolapsed disc and Spinal fixation. Some of the common conditions being treated at state–of-the-art Centre for Spine & Neuro Sciences at Saroj Super Speciality Hospital include Head injuries, AV malformations, Aneurysms, Hydrocephalus and Brain tumors.
The Centre for Spine & Neuro Sciences also provides best possible round the clock care to its patients in the rooms and wards of the hospital apart from Neuro ICUs and OTs, thus ensuring safety of neurological patients at each and every step. Treatment of the commonly occurring Neurological conditions such as neurological emergencies, Stroke, Head Injury and other complex neurological conditions is also available at the state of the art Centre for Spinal and Neuro Sciences at Saroj Super Speciality Hospital.
Our Infrastructure & Technology
- Digital Subtraction Angiography
- Neuroradiology including CT angiography
- Neuro Endovascular Angiography
- Endoscopic Neurosurgery Theatre
- Dedicated Endoscopic systems for carrying out advanced spine and brain surgery
- Dedicated Neuro – ICU, deicated neurocritical care specialists, Critical care team
- High-end technology for performing Plasma exchange, Thrombolysis and Botox
- Dedicated Neuro OPD
- Extra-cranial vascular Doppler
- Neuropathological back up
Spine surgery is a treatment usually recommended when other forms of conservative or non-operative treatments such as physical therapy and pain medication have failed to relieve the disabling spinal pain of the patient.
At Saroj Super Speciality Hospital, we provide both open spinal surgeries and minimally invasive spine surgery procedures.
• Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (MISS) – MISS is a less invasive spinal surgery procedure done with minimal invasion into the spinal tissue so as to preserve the normal tissue to as much extent as possible while addressing the spinal disorder. The Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery is done with sophisticated instruments and technology for the treatment of spinal disorders such as lumbar disc disease, cervical spine diseases, spondylosis and Spinal TB.Microsurgeries including Micro-discectomy, Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, CorpectomyBacked by the team of Minimally Invasive Spine surgeons, Interventional Neuroradiologists, physical therapy and rehabilitation personnel, the Centre for Spine & Neuro Sciences provides comprehensive diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation to patient undergoing Spine surgery.
• Vertebroplasty – It is a surgical procedure to stabilize the spinal fracture and the pain caused due to it. Vertebroplasty is usually performed as a minimally invasive for reducing the pain and trauma and to ensure a quicker recovery to the patient as opposed to an open procedure.
• Spinal Cord Tumor Surgery – Spinal tumors in and around the spinal cord are removed using micro-neurosurgery as the spinal cord is highly fragile and controls limb functioning.