The department of Child Care (Paediatrics & Neonatology) is a specialized centre dedicated to taking care of children between the age group 0 till 18 years.
The state of the art department has dedicated Paediatric Intensive Care Unit and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, both being managed by highly experienced Paediatric Intensivists. The department of Child Care has all the sub specialities under one roof including Paediatric Neurology, Paediatric Pulmonology, Paediatric Cardiology, Developmental Paediatrics, Asthma and Allergy, Paediatric Gastroenterology, Paediatric Endocrinology, Paediatric Nephrology, Paediatric Dermatology, Neonatal & Paediatric Surgery. Together with the assistance of other subspecialties, the department has been providing excellent comprehensive care to children. The department is also being supported by other facilities at the hospital including Blood Bank and Radiology & Imaging departments.
The department of Child Care is equipped with the most advanced technology and equipments and backed by a team of highly experienced medical practitioners and healthcare professionals who have years of experience in handling even the most complicated conditions affecting children. The round the clock availability of health care professionals at the department of Child Care makes the department dedicatedly child friendly.
- General Paediatrics – A wide range of conditions affecting children ranging from those requiring urgent medical attention to those requiring long term treatment are covered under General paediatrics. We provide treatment for common childhood conditions such as chicken pox to more serious conditions such as Kawasaki’s disease. Children with more stable vital signs and not requiring any intense monitoring are kept with their parents under round the clock observation of paediatric consultants.
Neonatal & Paediatric Intensive Care – We offer Level III care to newborns upto 28 days of life at the dedicated Neonatal ICU and to children in the Paediatric ICU. In Neonatal ICU, sick newborns are given Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN), Phototherapy, Kangaroo Mother Care as per their requirements. Other programs under Neonatology include Metabolic Screening, ROP Screening and Ear Screening among other programs.
- Paediatric Neurology – The department of Child Care provides diagnosis and treatment of new born babies, children or teenagers for the disorders of spinal cord, brain, nerves and muscles.
- Paediatric Pulmonology – The diagnosis and treatment for a number of paediatric pulmonology conditions such as Pneumonia, Asthma, Wheezing, Bronchitis, Apnea, Cystic Fibrosis are provided at the department of Child Care
- Paediatric Nephrology – The diagnosis, investigation and management of a number of kidney diseases (whether acute or chronic) including kidney dialysis and kidney transplantation in children are available with our child care specialists.
- Paediatric Endocrinology - Deals with disorders of physical growth and sexual development in children.
- Paediatric Gastroenterology – Deals with treating the disorders of GI tract, pancreas and liver in children.
- Paediatric Surgery – Paediatric Surgery division at the department of Child Care is dedicated to providing high-end surgeries for the treatment of Neonatal anomalies, Paediatric Urological anomalies, Paediatric Thoracic, GI and HPB disorders. The highly advanced Paediatric Laparoscopic surgery is available at the department of Child Care.
- State of the art Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) equipped with sophisticated technology like CPAP, ventilators and multipara vital monitor
- State of the art Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) with all the latest facilities
- Cutting edge technology for carrying out various paediatric surgeries at the Operation theatre
- Backed by other specialities, working together to provide comprehensive Child Care Supported by diagnostic department of Radiology & Imaging and Blood Bank