The state of the art department of ENT or Otorhinolarygology at Saroj Super Speciality Hospital is dedicated to provide medical and surgical management and treatment of the disorders of Ear, Nose, Throat (ENT) and those related to the regions of Head and Neck.
The common disorders of ENT being dealt with at the department include the following but not limited to:
Ears – The common disorders of ear include infections of ear, ear discharge, hearing loss, balance disorders (vertigo), tinnitus and some of the disorders of cranial nerves. Some of the conditions related to congenital disorders of outer and inner ear are also treated at the department of ENT at Saroj Super Speciality Hospital.
Nose – The most common problem related to nose includes Allergic rhinitis, Deviated Nasal septum and chronic sinusitis. One of the primary skills of the Otorhinolaryngologist is the care of the nasal cavity and sinuses. Some other problems related to nasal area include allergies, polyps, nasal obstruction, nasal bleeding, tumours and smell disorders.
Throat – The problems involving this vital area may include problems related to speech, singing, swallowing and eating a meal. The otolaryngologists have the expertise of managing the diseases of throat, larynx, oesophagus and disorders of swallowing and voice disorders.
The Head and Neck – The problems related to the region of Head and Neck being treated by otolaryngologists include benign and malignant tumours, facial trauma, facial palsy and deformities of the face.
- OPD and Emergency Services – The regular OPD and Emergency services offered by the department provide comprehensive medical and surgical services for various ENT and Head & Neck conditions.
- Ear Surgeries – Tympanoplasty, Myringoplasty, Myringotomy, Ossculoplasty, Stapedotomy, Radical mastoidectomy, Facial Nerve decompression and other Ear surgeries.
- Nose Surgeries – Septoplasty, CSF rhinorrhoea repair, FESS, Endoscopic Orbital decompression, Endoscopic DCR, Turbinoplasty etc.
- Throat Surgeries – Adenotonsillectomy, MLS, foreign body removal, vocal polyp, vocal nodule, tumour surgeries, UPPP etc.
Our Technology & Infrastructure
- Video-Endoscopy of Nose, Sinuses, Ear and Throat
- State of the art Operation Theatres for performing ENT surgeries
- Latest generation Audiometry and Impedance equipment
- Facilities of Diagnostic Audiology and Speech Language Rehabilitation
- BERA Phone for screening of hearing loss in infants and children
- Videostroboscopy for identification of subtle vocal cord lesions
- Surgitouch Co2 Lumenis laser for the treatment of laryngitracheal stenosis, nasal, oral cavity and ear lesions, benign and malignant laryngeal lesions
- Facilities for Functional Enoscopic Sinus surgeries
- Facilities for Microscopic ear surgeries