Women Care (Gynaecology & Obstetrics) is a tertiary care department at Saroj Super Speciality Hospital dedicated to providing comprehensive services for the optimal reproductive health and gynaecological well being of women. As the department emphasizes on providing utmost care to its patients, it makes sure that all the gynaecological cases are handled with a lot of compassion and care.
The department of Women Care has a dedicated team of highly experienced and qualified specialists who have years of experience in handling even the most complicated gynaecological conditions. The dedicated team of highly experienced Gynaecologists, Obstetricians, surgeons and Trained Obstetric Nurses ensures that the patients are well taken care of in order to provide them with the optimal gynaecological care. The concerted efforts of the medical practitioners and health care professionals have over the years significantly improved the surgical outcomes and reduced the patient mortality.
Equipped with latest technology and sophisticated instruments, the department of Women Care provides a complete range of services to women in all the phases of their life including pre-reproductive period, reproductive and menopausal phases. The services offered by the department include both diagnosing and treating a wide range of gynaecological conditions including treatment of benign and malignant gynaecological diseases by both approaches of conservative and operative methods. The surgeries offered by the department include both day care and minimally invasive procedures.
- Maternity Services - We at Saroj Super Speciality Hospital understand that child birth is the most beautiful moment in a woman’s life. In order to ensure her a safe journey into motherhood, our experts at Saroj Super Speciality Hospital emphasize on active involvement of both family members as well as hospital staff during her pregnancy, child birth and postnatal period. Saroj Super Speciality provides excellent Maternity services that include:
- Assessment and counseling before conception
- Holistic Antenatal care
- Labour Analgesia care
- Postnatal care
- State of the art Nursery & Neo-natal ICU (NICU)
The department of Women Care (Gynaecology & Obstetrics) is backed by a highly qualified and dedicated team of hospital staff including expert Gynaecologists, Obstetricians and Trained Obstetric Nurses who take care of women during the preparation, birth and post partum recovery of women. The Round the clock availability of fully equipped Ambulance and Blood Bank facility ensures that even the emergency gynaecology cases are also well taken care of by the department.
- High Risk Pregnancy Care – A high risk pregnancy is the one in which either mother or baby has increased chances of a health problem. Some of the high risk pregnancy cases are those associated with Obstetrical Complications such as IUGR, Preterm, Fetal Malformations, Family History of Genetic diseases, Post dated pregnancy among many others. Some other cases may include those women with pre-existing medical complications such as Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus, Thyroid disorder, Heart disease or Renal disorders among others.
Our expert team at Saroj Super Speciality Hospital is equipped with all the latest facilities and is trained enough to take care of high risk pregnancy cases and ensure a safe delivery.
- Minimally Invasive/ Laparoscopic Gynaecology – Saroj Super Speciality Hospital envisions serving gynaecological cases with the safest and most effective diagnostic and therapeutic techniques. Whereas in open surgery which involves making a single incision to enter into the abdomen, a Minimally Invasive or Laparoscopic surgery is a technique of performing surgery through small incisions of approximately 0.5-1 cm through which specialized instruments for performing surgery and a laparoscope (a special camera) is passed which transmits images from the abdominal cavity to video monitors in the operating room. With the help of images of the abdomen seen on the monitor, the surgeon performs the same surgery but through smaller incisions.
Some of the Minimally Invasive procedures commonly performed at Saroj Super Speciality Hospital include
Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Fertility Restoration procedures
- Laparoscopic Salpingostomy (Opening of blocked mouth of fallopian tube)
- Neosalpingostomy (creating new tubal opening)
- Tubal anastomosis
- Management of Ectopic pregnancy
- Hysteroscopic surgery for both diagnosis and treatment of Uterine diseases
- Fetal Medicine – To assess fetal growth and well being and to detect fetal anomalies, Ultrasonographic evaluation of pregnant patients is regularly done.
- Gynaecological Oncology – The commonly done Gynaecological Oncology procedures include –
- Colposcopic procedures
- Pap Smear
- HPV-DNA testing
- Operations of Patients with malignancies and their chemotherapy
- Gynae-Endocrinology – The hormonal or endocrinal dysfunction in women are dealt by the Gynae-Endocrinology division of the department. The commonly dealt problems at the department include – Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Growth and development, Hirsutism, Menstrual problems and problems related to conception and sexuality.
- Urogynaecology – The department of Women Care also provides treatment for pelvic floor defect and other urological problems. Even though the problems are not life threatening, they significantly impair quality of life of women. The department offers complete diagnostic as well as therapeutic treatment for a number of conditions of vagina, uterus, urethra, bladder and rectum. To name a few:
- Urinary Incontinence (Urge, Stress or Mixed)
- Difficulty in voiding the bowel or bladder
- Prolapsed uterus/bladder or rectum
- Chronic pelvic pain
At the department of Women Care at Saroj Super Speciality Hospital, we offer both surgical and non-surgical customized treatment as per the requirements of each patient.
- Adolescent Clinic – The experts at the department of Women Care provide consultation to adolescent girls of age group 10-19 years. The department also runs School health programs at schools for dealing with the pubertal problems of girls. In collaboration with other specialists including Child psychologists, Child Endocrinologists and Paediatricians, the department has been taking care of females of every age.
- Elderly Women Clinic – The department offers comprehensive care for the premenopausal and menopausal women. Keeping the focus on the physiological changes of women during their premenopausal and menopausal period, the department takes care of the many long term problems of women post menopause including osteoporosis, urological, cardiovascular and neurological problems like stress, anxiety, depression and insomnia. Additionally, the department also helps in the screening of malignancies of uterus, cervical and breast cancer.
- Family Welfare Programs – Includes programs such as tubal ligations, laparoscopic ligations and contraceptive advice among others.
- State of the art Maternity centre – The centre has a Pre-labour room equipped with ICU facilities, CTG monitors for every patient, Labour rooms equipped with state of the art Operating rooms for carrying out cesarian section and the most modern Labour beds. The Obstetrical nurse at the department stays with the woman during the preparation, birth and after delivery of the child. The centre has highly qualified and dedicated hospital staff to monitor patients and their new borne.
- Dedicated Ambulance services for women requiring emergency transfers.
- Backed by round the clock facility of Blood Bank
- State of the art Nursery and Neo-natal ICU (NICU)
- Advanced diagnostic and therapeutic equipments such as Morcellator, Ligasure and Harmonic knife for carrying out Minimally Invasive Gynaecological surgeries