Centre for Cardiac Sciences
Centre for Cardiac Sciences was set up with a vision to provide comprehensive cardiac care to patients with heart diseases. Our advanced centre for cardiac sciences provides all inclusive heart care services ranging from diagnostic services to latest treatment facilities that include both; invasive & non invasive heart procedures and interventional cardiology procedures.
Saroj Super Speciality Hospital was the first cardiac centre with ICU and NICU facility in North Delhi. Our prestigious cardiac centre was inaugurated by the then Honorable President of India, Late Shri K.R Narayanan. Having performed 16000+ CAG procedures and over 9000+ PTCA procedures, we boast of best heart care services in India.
Equipped with cutting-edge technology and state-of-the-art infrastructure, the Centre for Cardiac Sciences has highly skilled cardiologists and cardiac surgeons who have been practicing evidence based medicine and have been trained at few of the best medical schools of India and abroad. Our team of cardiac surgeons and cardiologists is well known for delivering excellent medical care and surgical outcomes by following international protocols for carrying out various cardiac procedures.
Our Technology & Infrastructure
- Modular OT Complex
- World class CTVS ICU equipped with Central Gas pipelines, Central Monitoring, Ventilators, Syringe pumps, Dig-Infusa, Temporary Pacemakers, IABP, Bed-side dialysis etc.)
- Advanced Cath Lab Complex
- Highly advanced Coronary Care Unit
- Non Invasive Cardiac Lab
- Coronary, Cerebral & Peripheral Angiography
- Echocardiography with 3D Doppler study
- Cardiac MRI
- Multi-slice CT Scan
Our expert team of heart surgeons and cardiologists, working along with the trained medical and paramedical professionals provide comprehensive cardiac care services to patients suffering from heart ailments.
Heart treatment available with us is at an economical cost that makes us a preferred choice. We are seen as one of the major healthcare providers in India to provide compassionate care to patients requiring heart treatment.
Our Interventional Cardiology team provides excellent services in cardiac emergencies including stenting and coronary angioplasties.
The Electrophysiology procedures being carried out at the centre include a wide range of EP Studies, pacemaker implantation, resynchronisation therapy and radiofrequency ablation.
The dedicated team of cardiologists is highly capable of handling even the most complicated cases of cardiac emergencies. Few of the best run heart care programs such as “Detection of Heart diseases at an early stage” and various programs dedicated for the community are amongst the most useful programs being run in Delhi.
• Interventional Cardiology – It is the branch of cardiology dealing with the treatment of cardiovascular diseases such as coronary artery disease, angina and congenital heart diseases by insertion of catheters in the blocked arteries.
At Saroj Super Speciality Hospital, we offer treatment for a wide range of cardiac conditions ranging from less severe cardiac conditions such as angina pectoris to the more serious heart ailments such as myocardial infarction.
The Interventional Cardiology procedures carried out include:
- • Angiography & Angioplasty
• Percutaneous valvular procedures
• Aortic Aneurysm repair surgery
• Renal and Carotid Angioplasty
• Device Closure of Congenital Heart defects
• Electrophysiology – It is the branch of Cardiology dealing with the diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to heart rhythm. Few of EP procedures available at the hospital include:
• Electrophysiology Study (EP Study) – It is a test done to record the electrical activity as well as electrical pathways of the heart. It helps in determining the cause of the disturbance in one’s heart rhythm and accordingly the treatment is suggested. The EP procedure involves reproduction of abnormal heart rhythm followed by administration of medication to test which medicine can best control it. The procedure thus helps in determining abnormal heart rhythm, its cause and the device or procedure which can best control the patient’s heart rhythm.
• Pacemaker Implantation – It is a surgical procedure in which a small electrical device called pacemaker is fitted in the chest of a patient to keep the heart beat normal.
• Resynchronisation therapy – It is a procedure which helps in improving the heart’s ability to pump blood and oxygen to the body by implanting a small sized pacemaker just below the collar bone to help the heart beat in a more synchronized pattern.
• Non-Invasive Cardiology – This focuses on providing diagnosis, medical management and prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
• Diagnostic Cardiology
• Stress Echo
• Vascular Doppler
• programs such as
• Executive Cardiac Health Check
• CT Coronary Angiography
• Preventive & Rehabilitative Cardiology – The department offers services to patients who have a high risk of developing cardiovascular diseases. The customised programs offered for each individual may include nutritional services, exercise programs, diagnostic programs, heart disease risk reduction programs and vascular rehabilitation programs.