Laboratory Medicine, comprising of its sub-specialities including Histopathology, Cytopathology, Clinical Microbiology, Hematology, Serology and Biochemistry, is a department equipped with all the latest facilities and cutting edge technology at Saroj Super Speciality Hospital. The department of Laboratory at our hospital is NABL Accredited and is dedicated to provide precise medical diagnosis and treatment for patients.
Coupled with the expertise of the doctors, support of the hospital staff and the integrated functioning of all the sub-specialities under one roof, the department of Laboratory Medicine provides complete clinical care at the hospital. Though the sub-specialities work as independent units, however together they provide a comprehensive and efficient evaluation of the test results. The trained technicians and hospital staff have been following elaborate inbuilt control protocols required for accuracy of the test results.
- Histopathology & Cytopathology – The sub-speciality deals with giving opinion on specimens from Cardiology, Urology, Gastroenterology, Respiratory Medicine, Orthopaedics, Neurology, Transplant unit, Oncology etc. The diagnostic & prognostic applications related to the field of oncology are given by the department of Histopathology & Cytopathology. For instance, the division of cytopathology provides efficient gynaecological services such as PAP smear & non-gynaecological services including bronchial specimen (BAL, TBNA)a, cytology of fluids, USG/CT guided FNA.
- Hematology – The sub-speciality caters to providing comprehensive diagnosis of haematological disorders. The division of haematology specializes in conducting routine lab tests and provides study of haemolytic, haemostatic & oncologic disorders.
- Microbiology – All routine & special culture and antibiotic sensitivity tests are done on Vitek 2 & automated Bact alert 3D with ATB system identification and sensitivity machines. The facilities of automated blood culture and its continuous monitoring for early and accurate diagnosis of sepsis are available at the department of Microbiology.
- Serology - Serological tests for the infectious diseases such as Hepatitis markers, HCV, HIV, IgE, typhoid, autoimmune panels, critical care assessment markers are done on Nephlometer and automated ELISA system.
- Biochemistry – Routine Biochemical, tumour markers Rochee411 and hormone assay tests are carried out on Hitachi 917 & Biolyzer 200.
- Clinical Pathology – Deals with analysis of body fluid samples including urine, stool, semen etc.
- Automated systems for surgical pathology
- Haematology Analyzers – Sysmex XT1800i
- Coagulometers – Coagulation Analyzer ACL 7000
- Electrophoresis equipments – Biorad D10
- Roche e411 for Immunology & Serology
- Urine Analysers, ABG Analysers
- Vitek 2, Bact Alert 3D